Celebrate Canada 150 Improvements to Mississauga Parks
Sep 07, 2017
On Saturday, September 16, the City of Mississauga will join with the Government of Canada to celebrate Canada 150 improvements to Mississauga playgrounds, trails and facilities.
In recognition of Canada 150, Mississauga received approximately $5.6 million in Government of Canada funding for 54 infrastructure rehabilitation projects through the Canada 150 Community Infrastructure Program (CIP 150).
The City’s CIP 150 projects include the rehabilitation of 19 trails, 26 playgrounds and specific renovation projects at Lake Aquitaine Park, Riverwood, South Common Community Centre and the Small Arms Inspection Building.
Official recognition of the CIP 150 projects and dedication of the public art piece, Pine Sanctuary.
- Mayor Bonnie Crombie and Members of Council
- Mississauga Members of Parliament
- Mississauga Members of Provincial Parliament
- Chief Stacey LaForme – Mississaugas of the New Credit First Nation
- Kris Noakes, President – Peel Aboriginal Network
- Representative, THEVERYMANY, Pine Sanctuary artist studio (to be confirmed)
Saturday, September 16, 2017
- 11 – 11:25 a.m. Ceremony
This is an outdoor ceremony taking place on the Chappell House lawn. In the event of inclement weather, the ceremony will be moved inside the Chappell House.
- 11:25 – 11:40 a.m. Project Board Showcase
Presentation boards highlighting all CIP 150 projects will be on display and available for photo opportunities.
- 11:40 a.m. – 12 p.m. Interpretive Walk to Pine Sanctuary Public Art Piece
Representatives from The Riverwood Conservancy and Visual Arts Mississauga will guide attendees along a Riverwood trail down to the public art piece at the entrance of the park. Park vehicles will be available to shuttle those requiring assistance.
- 12 – 12:20 p.m. Dedication of Pine Sanctuary
A representative from the Pine Sanctuary artist studio, THEVERYMANY, will speak briefly about the art piece (to be confirmed).
4300 Riverwood Park Lane
Registration and parking for media will be available on-site. Public parking will be available at the Erindale GO Station.
For more information on Mississauga’s Canada 150 celebrations, visit mississauga.ca/canada150.
Audrey Holt, APR
Communications Advisor – Canada 150
City of Mississauga
905-615-3200, ext. 3389