Most Popular Channels
No channels found.
Most Recent Stories
There are currently no recent stories to display.
April 2007 to March 2008
Introduction / Directions of Our Centre
About Our Centre
• Established in October 2000, our Centre is focused on the distinct challenges faced by children and adolescents with special needs living in rural and northern Canada.
• Sponsored and administered by Lakehead University, our Centre’s national partners are the Government of Nunavut, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Mount Saint Vincent University, and the University of Northern British Columbia.Mission/Vision/Mandate
• Our mandate is to produce knowledge about children and adolescents with special needs in rural and northern Canada and transfer it effectively to those who can use it to make a difference in the lives of these children.
• We document and describe the opportunities and challenges for children with special needs in rural and northern communities highlighting best policies, practices, and principles for prevention, early intervention and supports.
• We draw on our networks to communicate our work to parents, teachers, service providers, researchers, and policy makers through reports, conferences, on-line service directories, posters, pamphlets, and the media.
• Our vision is to be known nationally and internationally for the production and transfer of knowledge about children with special needs in rural and remote communities; to establish Canada as a world leader in research, policy and service delivery in this area; and, to establish our Centre as a “policy community” for special needs in northern and rural Canada.
DOWNLOAD Centre of Excellence for Children and Adolescents with Special Needs – Annual Report.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is:
Comments are closed.