Community Development Fund updated to be more responsive to the needs of Yukoners
The Community Development Fund guidelines have been updated to make the program more responsive to the needs of Yukoners and improve the overall delivery of the fund.
The deadline for Tier 2 applications will now be April 15 (previously May 15) and September 15 in order to allow seasonally dependent projects to be approved earlier and start sooner.
In addition, First Nation development corporations are now eligible to apply for funding to support their community-level initiatives. Expanding the eligibility criteria will enable a more diverse range of projects to achieve the Community Development Fund program objectives of supporting community well-being by creating jobs, generating spending on Yukon goods and services, and generating social, cultural and economic benefits for Yukon residents and communities.
The Community Development Fund supports community-based projects that create sustainable social and economic benefits for Yukoners. These changes will increase access to the program while ensuring it continues to meet the needs of local organizations working to build healthy, vibrant communities across the territory.
Minister of Economic Development Ranj Pillai
- Eligible organizations include registered non-profit societies, not-for-profit corporations (incorporated under the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act and based in Yukon), charitable organizations, municipal and First Nation governments, and First Nation development corporations (undertaking for-profit social enterprises at a community-level).
- New construction projects; renovations, restorations and other physical improvements to buildings or lands; knowledge or skill development; research and planning; and programs and events that create economic opportunities and strengthen social and community networks are eligible to apply for funding.
- The Community Development Fund provides up to 90% of the total project costs. Funding is divided into three tiers with the following application deadlines:
- Tier 1: Applications of $20,000 or less (January 15, May 15, July 15 and October 15).
- Tier 2: Applications between $20,000 and $75,000 (April 15 and September 15).
- Tier 3: Applications over $75,000 (January 15).
Communications, Economic Development
News release #: