CRRF 2018 National Conference Call for Proposals
The Canadian Race Relations Foundation (CRRF) is accepting presentation/workshop proposals for its biennial national conference, which will take place in Winnipeg on September 26-27, 2018. The conference Race Relations in the 21st Century: Challenges & Solutions will build collective knowledge and generate new ideas for deeper exploration, while exploring challenges and emerging solutions. The conference will bring together leaders to explore the challenges of racism and discrimination and the opportunities for us to work across sectors to reduce and eliminate its impact.
We look forward to creating a conference program in which participants would benefit from the expertise and perspectives of educators, academics, immigration workers, law enforcement professionals, diversity and inclusion specialists, legal practitioners and judiciaries.
The following are the topics based on the 2018 conference theme. Tell us about the challenges you face and the new solutions you have implemented or envisaged :
- The impact of science and technology on race relations
- Indigenous peoples: Reconciliation and Decolonization
- Urban diversity
- Youth inclusion
- Immigration and refugees
- Business and human resources
- Justice and law enforcement
The proposal of the participation could be through various forms such as:
- Plenary session
- Round table (2 panelists & one moderator)
- Workshop (presentation and/or interactive)
- Other creative formats
One hour will be allocated for each of these conference segments including time for questions and discussion (10 – 20 minutes as appropriate). You can propose the organization of a segment or submit a paper for presentation relating to the topics listed above and allow for the CRRF to assign your presentation to a conference program segment.
The submission deadline is Monday, April 16, 2018.
Your proposal should include the following:
- Names of presenters (including affiliations, email address, titles, bios)
- 50-word abstract which will be included in the program (please ensure it is descriptive and is formulated to interest as many conference participants as possible)
- Language of your session: English, French, Bilingual
- Title of your session
- Format of your session (plenary, workshop or roundtable) or just a paper presentation not covering an entire segment but allows the organizers to slot the paper into a segment
- 250-word description on the substance of your proposal for consideration by the Adjudication committee
- Who your target audience may be
- Ensure the accuracy of the information you provide as it will be included in the conference program. If you are organizing a session with both English and French presentations, we ask that you provide us with the translation of the title and 50-word abstract for the program.
An Adjudication Committee will meet to review the proposals after the submission deadline. The Adjudication Committee will consider proposals that include a clear title, abstract and a session summary
Note that the conference fee offsets part of the cost of meals and refreshments. Subsidies for travel and accommodation are not currently available for this conference and all attending must register as a conference delegate.
To submit please visit this link.