- Ontario NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
- Alberta NationTalk
Deadlines for Species at Risk Funding for all Manitoba First Nations this Fall
New funding deadlines are set for the following Environment Canada programs:
• Aboriginal Funds for Species at Risk – November 6th, 2009
• EcoAction Community Funding Program – November 1st, 2009
• Habitat Stewardship Program for Species at Risk – November 6th, 2009CIER is offering proposal-writing support to Manitoba First Nations interested in accessing these and additional funding sources geared toward improving species at risk habitats and environmental conservation in their communities. As the Species at Risk Pathfinder for Manitoba First Nations, we are also offer:
• Species at Risk Action Booklets and other education materials;
• Support to all Manitoba First Nations interested in learning more about species at risk;
• Assistance with identifying and documenting species at risk and their habitats on First Nation lands and waters; and,
• Undertaking actions to help species at risk.
All Manitoba First Nations, Tribal Councils, and First Nation organisations are eligible.
If you or your First Nation are interested in submitting a proposal to protect your lands and waters, or would like to receive more information about species at risk, please contact us or call us directly at 204-956-0660 to speak with Katharine Cherewyk or Tracy Ruta Fuchs.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is:
Comments are closed.