Most Popular Channels
No channels found.
Most Recent Stories
There are currently no recent stories to display.
Ontario Trillium Foundation recognizes 19 organizations for projects with outstanding impact
Toronto, Sept. 29
The Ontario Trillium Foundation today announced the 19 finalists for its prestigious 2009 Great Grants Awards. The awards recognize charitable and not-for-profit organizations that have had an exceptional and lasting impact on the communities they serve.These organizations exemplify excellence, innovation and leadership in building healthy communities across the province. Among those nominated are:
Devereaux House Preservation – The Friends of Devereaux House and the Georgetown Soccer Club preserved and renovated this historic farmhouse, rescuing it from demolition and turning it into a new soccer clubhouse and an affordable space for local arts and cultural groups.
Walpole Island Land Trust – Working acre-by-acre to return the area’s ecosystem to its natural state and provide a protected space for at-risk species of plants and animals.
Community Living Thunder Bay -Launched a pet bakery business that trains and employs adults with developmental disabilities, pro viding them with work experience and the skills to actively run a small business.
Ontario Association of Food Banks – Development of a hub-and-spoke food transport system capable of moving 3.6 million kilograms pounds of shelf-stable food around Ontario each year.
The 2009 Ontario Trillium Foundation Great Grants Awards recipients will be recognized by Ontario Culture Minister Aileen Carroll at a ceremony in Toronto November 5.
“Great Grants Award finalists have been selected for the significant impact their projects are having on the people and communities they serve,” said OTF Chair Helen Burstyn. “OTF, through Greats Grants Awards, applauds the commitment of thousands of volunteers in Ontario and recognizes the lasting results they are achieving.”
– Ontario Trillium Foundation Great Grants Award finalists were selected from among some 4,500 groups that received OTF support between April 2005 and December 2008
– Seven Great Grants will be awarded November 5th in Toronto:
– One for each of OTF’s four funded sectors: Arts and culture, sports and recreation, environment, and human and social services
– The Minister’s Award – for the province-wide program grant that demonstrates a significant impact across the province
– The Chair’s Award – Chosen from among all the Great Grants nominees
– The CEO’s Award – Chosen from among all the Great Grants nominees
– The OTF grants funding to approximately 1,500 organizations each year
View all Great Grants Award finalists (http://www.trilliumfoundation.org/User/Docs/PDFs/gg/GG_Bkgrder_2009.pdf)
Learn more about the Ontario Trillium Foundation (http://www.trilliumfoundation.org/cms/en/index.aspx)
Ce communiqué est disponible en français
For further information: Alexis Mantell, Ontario Trillium Foundation, 1-800-263-2887 ext. 218
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is:
Comments are closed.