Golden Predator intersects 13.1 m of 16.8 g/t Gold including 3.4 m of 61.7 g/t Gold at 3 Aces Project, Yukon
Vancouver, BC, March 16, 2017: Golden Predator Mining Corp. (TSX.V: GPY; OTCQX: NTGSF) (the “Company” or “Golden Predator”) is pleased to report assay results for the final 25 holes of the winter 2016 drill program at the 3 Aces Project in southeastern Yukon. Drill results have confirmed high-grade gold mineralization with good continuity in the Ace of Hearts vein with additional veining identified at depth. The Ace of Hearts zone is located approximately 1 km west of the Ace of Spades zone and approximately 1.6 km south of the Queen of Clubs zone where drilling results were previously reported.
Significant Aces of Hearts results reported at true width include:
- Hole 3A16-RC-048 intersected 59 m of 6.39 g/t gold from a depth of 96.01 m, including 2.76 m of 12.79 g/t gold;
- Hole 3A16-RC-054 intersected 26 m of 4.76 g/t gold from a depth of 38.86 m, including 3.32 m of 14.98 g/t gold;
- Hole 3A16-RC-055 intersected 43 m of 9.37 g/t gold from a depth of 51.05 m, including 3.09 m of 20.76 g/t gold;
- Hole 3A16-DD-082 bottomed in mineralization intersecting 07 m of 16.75 g/t gold from a depth of 42.67m, including 3.38 m of 61.74 g/t gold, which included 0.54 m of 315.00 g/t gold; and
- Hole 3A16-RC-085 intersected 18 m of 8.65 g/t gold from 86.87 m including 1.80 m of 30.83 g/t gold.
The Ace of Hearts Winter 2016 confirmation and in-fill drilling covers an area approximately 165 m along strike and up to 110 m down dip, with reported holes variably spaced from approximately 15 to 75 m apart. The Hearts zone was tested with 15 holes totaling 1,541 m; significant gold mineralization (minimum interval of 3.0 g/t gold) was encountered in 13 holes; 2 holes did not reach the target depth. Broad mineralization, which remains open, had previously been outlined with wide spaced drilling for 250 m down dip from the original discovery outcrop and along strike for 300 m.
“We are very pleased with the excellent high-grade results from our 2016 winter program at the Hearts, Spades and Clubs Zones,” said Janet Lee-Sheriff, Chief Executive Officer. “With our $17.25 million bought deal financing now complete we are well positioned for our 2017 drilling campaign, which is underway and off to a good start.”
To view maps of the 3 Aces project, as well as detailed maps and sections from the Aces of Hearts included in the 2016 drill program, please visit:
10 holes totaling 916 m were completed at a new prospect in the Clubs Zone with 8 holes encountering anomalous gold mineralization similar to that reported at the Nine of Clubs (News Release Feb. 16, 2017). This mineralization is thought to be distal to the preferred stratigraphic contact which hosts mineralization elsewhere on the property.
Read More: http://www.goldenpredator.com/_resources/news/nr_2017_03_16.pdf