Housing & Infrastructure Council (BC) Call for a Logo Design
The Housing & Infrastructure Council (HIC) is seeking submissions for a logo that will be used to identify the HIC
but more importantly to identify the future First Nations’ controlled Housing and Infrastructure Authority.
The HIC was formally established in November 2017 with the following mandate.
The HIC will also address a secondary but equally important goal, i.e., to change the common paradigm of housing as a right to housing as a privilege and valued asset. All of this work will involve extensive engagement with all members of BC’s First Nations housing community.
As a step in the path towards indigenous self-government, to manage the process to design and implement a First Nation’s controlled Housing & Infrastructure Authority (“Authority”) in British Columbia that will:
a) Assume authority and control for First Nations housing & infrastructure program delivery in British Columbia; and
b) deliver associated housing services.
The winning logo submission will receive $2,000 in exchange for:
1. HIC will recognize the individual or group in the launch of the logo and periodically thereafter in its communications.
2. HIC and the future housing & infrastructure authority will retain ownership and all rights to use the logo in all its communications.
The final selection will be done by the HIC shortly after the closing date (January 2, 2018).
Submission: Please provide your submissions in formats for use in multiple channels:
• Jpg, Png, Eps, Vector or PDF
• Include colour and black and white versions
• Provide the rationale for your choice and explain how the colour scheme defines the criteria wording.
• Provide the CYMK and RGB number values for all colours included.
HIC Logo Criteria
- Reflect comfort, home, family, warmth, community, leadership and taking ownership.
- Have a clean, modern look while incorporating a cultural feel.
- Have a symbolic color palette.
- Consider the look in black and white.
- Represent HIC’s and the future Authority’s mandate.
There are obviously many more aspects to HIC work. If you have any further questions or want any additional information please direct them to Garry Merkel, 250-427-0460, firstname.lastname@example.org.