I’ve been barred’: Mother of 6 struggling to find housing after son set accidental fire – CBC

by ahnationtalk on November 19, 201961 Views

Joni Gabriel’s family was evicted from Manitoba Housing unit in Winnipeg’s North End

Nov 19, 2019

A Winnipeg mother of six is struggling to find a place to live after being evicted from Manitoba Housing over an incident involving her child who set fire to their home last month.

Joni Gabriel’s eight-year-old son was playing with a lighter, and accidentally set toilet paper on fire in the bathroom.

Everyone made it out of the home safely, but it led to an eviction notice from Manitoba Housing, for breaching fire safety rules.

“I honestly don’t know why he did it, but we’ve talked to him,” said Gabriel.

Read More: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/evicted-mother-of-six-manitoba-housing-winnipeg-sets-fire-housing-1.5361159

Send To Friend Email Print Story

Comments are closed.

NationTalk Partners & Sponsors Learn More

CLOSE
CLOSE