Most Popular Channels
No channels found.
Most Recent Stories
There are currently no recent stories to display.
TORONTO, ONTARIO–(April 10, 2007) –
ATT: ASSIGNMENT/LIFESTYLE/TRAVEL/ENTERTAINMENT EDITORS:
WHAT: Canada’s three northern territories – Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut – are bringing Canada’s northern territories to the South. Each territory is home to stunning vistas, amazing wildlife, world class touring and adventure tourism that attract visitors from around the world (www.lookupnorth.ca). They are all bursting with activity as demonstrated by the recent 2007 Canada Winter Games and offer rich and diverse Aboriginal cultures, as well as internationally recognized arts, music and cultural festivals.
Join the premiers of Canada’s territories and a select list of invitees to explore their region through contemporary and traditional performances, authentic northern cuisine, such as Musk-ox, and vignettes to illustrate the beauty of the Northern experience.WHO: The premiers from each of the three territories:
- Premier Dennis Fentie, Yukon
- Premier Joe Handley, Northwest Territories
- Premier Paul Okalik, Nunavut
Master of Ceremonies
- Michele McKenzie, President and CEO, Canadian Tourism Commission (CTC)
Northern performances from:
- Barb Chamberlin – A singer and song writer from Yukon
- Tli Cho Drummers – Traditional Northwest Territories drummers
- Leela Gilday – 2007 JUNO Award winner and contemporary Nrthwest Territories singer
- Celina Kalluk & Kevin Kablutsiak – Throat singers from Nunavut
World renowned northern chef:
- Chef Pierre LePage – Owner of L’Heritage Restaurant, Le Frolic Bistro/Bar, and more
WHEN: Tuesday, April 10, 2007
3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
3:30 p.m. – Arrive
4:00 p.m. – Introduction from MC and a video montage of the North
4:10 p.m. – Throat singers perform
4:20 p.m. – Remarks from each of the three premiers
4:50 p.m. – Remainder of artists perform followed by “Northern Lights” show
WHERE: Design Exchange
234 Bay Street (south of King Street)
For more information or
to book an interview, please contact:
MAVERICK Public Relations
(416) 640-5525 ext. 231 (o) or (416) 629-0248 (m)
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is:
Comments are closed.