Most Popular Channels
No channels found.
Most Recent Stories
There are currently no recent stories to display.
Purpose of this Workshop
1. To provide an update on Métis harvesting.
2. To provide an overview of the duty to consult & accommodate and the implications of this duty for Métis citizens and the Métis Nation.
3. Identify and discuss Métis‐specific issues, challenges and priorities in relation to the duty to consult & accommodate in the Province of Alberta.
4. Receive input from Métis citizens on how the MNA should move forward on consulting with Alberta Métis in order to collaboratively develop and implement a Métis Consultation Policy.The Long Battle for Métis Hunting Rights Begins in 1814
• 1814 ‐ Governor Macdonnel issued a proclamation forbidding the hunting of buffalo from horseback because it drove the herd too far from Red River. This was the specialty of the Métis.
• There were skirmishes throughout the winter of 1814‐1815 with Cuthbert Grant encouraging the Métis to continue hunting as they always had.
>>DOWNLOAD Full Presentation.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is:
Comments are closed.