- Alberta NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Minister to Attend Mineral Development Conference in Toronto
FOR RELEASE #08-042
February 29, 2008
WHITEHORSE – Economic Development Minister Jim Kenyon will travel to Toronto to attend the Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada Conference (PDAC) and meetings in conjunction with the conference. This is the 76th annual PDAC conference and will host over 18,000 delegates and 950 exhibitors from around the world.
“This conference is one of the world’s most recognized mineral development conferences,” Kenyon said. “Yukon will be there, side by side with some of the biggest mineral producing countries in the world, showcasing the vast potential available here.”Minister Kenyon will travel to Toronto with a delegation of Yukon government representatives from the Economic Development and Energy, Mines and Resources departments. Yukon will have a considerable presence at PDAC 2008 and will participate in a variety of events including,
• hosting a breakfast meeting with key industry members to discuss current Yukon mineral investment processes and the streamlined regulatory regime,
• presenting information on Yukon’s regulatory process at the Canada – China Mineral Investment Forum, hosted by Natural Resources Canada,
• presenting information about mining and mineral exploration properties, the government services available to businesses and the mineral potential in Yukon at a booth in the PDAC trade show,
• holding first-time and follow-up meetings with Asian mineral companies interested in pursuing investment opportunities in Yukon,
• and visiting numerous Yukon based mineral companies also participating in PDAC 2008.
“In order to see continued growth in Yukon’s mineral sector we need to proactively communicate opportunities that are available to outside investors,” Kenyon continued. “The Yukon government booth, attendance at industry forums and meetings in support of the many Yukon based companies in attendance are all excellent ways of increasing international knowledge of Yukon’s many diverse opportunities.”
NOTE: A media teleconference with the minister will be scheduled following PDAC 2008.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is:
Comments are closed.