Most Popular Channels
No channels found.
Most Recent Stories
There are currently no recent stories to display.
For Immediate Release
April 20, 2007
Ministry of Environment
VICTORIA – The Ministry of Environment is inviting First Nations to participate in a series of three-day workshops to discuss and make recommendations on possible revisions to the Wildlife Act and to the Ministry of Environment Draft Guidelines for Integrated Pest Management Proponents Conducting Consultation with First Nations (draft guidelines for engaging First Nations).
The workshops will be held in the following locations:
· Cranbrook April 25, 26, 27
· Whitehorse May 2 and 3
· Duncan May 9, 10, 11
· Prince George May 15, 16, 17
· Williams Lake May 14
· Campbell River May 23, 24, 25
· Chilliwack May 29, 30, 31
· Kelowna June 6, 7, 8
· Fort St. John June 12, 13, 14
· Kamloops June 18, 19, 20
· Terrace June 24, 25, 26The first day of the workshop will focus on the Draft Guidelines, and will conclude with an informal dinner during which the Wildlife Act review will be introduced. The second day will focus on the Wildlife Act, with further discussions following on the last day of the workshop.
For more information about the workshop, the proposed guidelines and the Wildlife Act review process, please visit the ministry’s website at www.env.gov.bc.ca
250 380-8673 (cell)
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is:
Comments are closed.