MNBC: Call For Interests for (2) Regional Employment & Training Committee Members (Volunteer Position)
Call For Interests for (2) Regional Employment & Training Committee Members (Volunteer Position)
January 10th, 2018
Expressions of Interest Invited to fill (volunteer) RETC Vacancies
RETC vacancies exist in Region 2 (Lower Mainland) for two members.
The Criteria for the RETC position:
- Must be a Métis Citizen or self-identified Métis person residing within the region
- Must be willing to serve as a RETC member for two years
- To be considered, eligible individuals must submit a short bio or cv with an expression of interest to the Director of the Métis Employment & Training Program, Arlene Lambert.
- A letter expressing your interest to be emailed firstname.lastname@example.org
- A short bio or cv needs to be included in the expression of interest
- Both documents to be emailed by 12 noon PM (Pacific) Friday, March 2, 2018
- The successful RETC members will be chosen by the respective MNBC Regional Governance Council (RGC)
For further information:
MNBC Director of Employment and Training
Deadline for applying is by 12 noon PM (Pacific) Friday, March 2, 2018
About the RETC: Regional Employment and Training Committees (RETC) are established in each MNBC region in British Columbia to ensure fair and equitable access to funding assistance provided through the Métis Employment and Training Program (METP), and to be able to assist the Regional METP Coordinator when requested in dealing with challenging files. The RETC will hear appeals from individuals who wish to challenge a decision of the Regional METP Coordinator declining their application for funding. The RETC also may review applications for funding where amounts requested exceed certain levels or applications that could pose a high level of risk or present other potential problems. These are volunteer positions.