NB Power announces recipients of Energy Efficiency Excellence Awards
FREDERICTON (GNB) – NB Power celebrated organizations, individuals and communities that have demonstrated leadership and innovation in energy efficiency with its first annual Energy Efficiency Excellence Awards. The awards ceremony was held as part of the utility’s Energizing Efficiency Conference in Fredericton.
The awards recognize the achievements of New Brunswickers who undertook efficiency projects in 2017 or who have demonstrated a long-standing commitment to furthering energy efficiency.
“NB Power is pleased to celebrate excellence and leadership in energy efficiency happening in New Brunswick,” said president and CEO Gaëtan Thomas. “We are excited to bring energy efficiency leaders together to share success stories and create a platform for collaboration among champions who are involved in growing the energy efficiency ecosystem.”
The award recipients in each category are:
Legacy Award: Canadian Home Builders’ Association New Brunswick (Fredericton)
- This award recognizes an organization’s long-standing commitment and contribution to energy efficiency in New Brunswick.
Innovation Award: Rise (Fredericton)
- This award recognizes an exemplary energy efficiency and/or renewable energy project in New Brunswick that demonstrates innovative practices, scalable technology, green economic development and/or significant energy savings.
Partnership Award: NexGen Energy (Quispamsis)
- This award recognizes a service organization, retailer, vendor, realtor or supplier that has demonstrated leadership and best practices in helping NB Power deliver its energy efficiency programs.
Community Award: Sustainable Saint John (Saint John)
- This award recognizes a community or First Nations community in New Brunswick that has demonstrated commitment to energy efficiency through growing awareness and taking action.
Rising Star Award: Jordan Kennie (Fredericton)
- This award recognizes an individual (or group) less than 30 years of age who has demonstrated outstanding commitment to energy efficiency and conservation through advocacy, volunteerism, research, education or projects.
Education Award: The Gaia Project (New Brunswick)
- This award recognizes an educator, group of educators, class or educational institution that has developed and implemented an educational program to inspire action on energy efficiency and conservation.
“These award recipients have shown innovation, leadership and achievement in energy efficiency, renewable energy and environmental stewardship,” said Energy and Resource Development Minister Rick Doucet. “These projects and others like them are more important than ever before as New Brunswick transitions to a low-carbon economy.”
More information on the recipients is available online. Additional details about the awards is also available online.