- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
NBCC: Gelu’lg Maw-a-paw Gala to showcase Indigenous artists, in support of Indigenous Students
November 21, 2017
Media is invited to the 2017 NBCC Indigenous Gala. The evening will showcase Indigenous artists and performers from across New Brunswick. Proceeds from the event will support the Indigenous Student Bursary Fund established by the NBCC Foundation.
What: 2017 Gelu’lg Maw-a-paw Indigenous Gala, hosted by the New Brunswick Community College, in support of the NBCC Indigenous Bursary Fund
Date: Thursday, November 23, 2017
Time: 6 p.m. Reception, Artists displays and Silent Auction / 7 p.m. Gala performances begin
Where: Delta Fredericton, 225 Woodstock Rd, Fredericton
• James Jones – Internationally renowned Hoop Dancer
• Wolf Castle – Mi’kmaq Rapper, singer, producer and songwriter
• Deantha Edmunds-Ramsay – Soprano and Canada’s first classical singer of Inuit descent
• Shawn McBain – Mi’kmaq Flutist
• Imelda Perley – Wolastoqew Elder, teacher and healer
• Kesley Saulis – Singer, songwriter, musician and pianist from the Tobique First Nation
The event name, Gelu’lg Maw-a-paw, means “awesome gathering” in the Mi’kmaq (Gelu’lg) and Wolastoqiyik (Maw-a-paw) languages.
Media who wish to attend are asked to RSVP with Melissa Wah, NBCC’s Communications Coordinator.
Melissa Wah, Communications Coordinator, NBCC
506.453.8194 | 506.440.9105
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is:
Comments are closed.