NU Government: Call for Proposals – Parenting and Childrearing community funding initiatives
May 14, 2019
The Department of Family Services is accepting proposals for projects in 2019-2020 that support community based parenting and childrearing workshops and aim to rebuild and strengthen Inuit traditional childrearing teachings and practices.
Non-profit organizations, societies and municipal organizations can apply for funding for projects that:
- revitalize the wisdom and practices of Inunnguiniq;
- support healing and wellness for parents and their families;
- strengthen the roles of family and community in child rearing;
- develop supports targeted at fathers;
- develop supports for single mothers;
- develop and or enhance parenting support networks;
- support the development of parenting skills; and/or
- support home visiting or parent mentorship.
For an application package, please contact Myna Kiguktak, Public Engagement Planner, at MKiguktak1@GOV.NU.CA or 867-975-5212.
The deadline to apply is May 29, 2019, at 5 p.m. (EDT).
Department of Family Services