- Ontario NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
NunatuKavut: Wondering about Canadian Cancer Society’s Air Daffodil program?
In partnership with Provincial Airlines – Innu Mikun Airlines, the Canadian Cancer Society (CCS) offers transportation support through the Air Daffodil Program. It is designed to help cancer patients who live in Labrador and must travel to Newfoundland for their cancer related appointments. In this program, CCS will provide two return flights and one return flight for their escort per year. The criteria are as follows:
- Must live in Labrador,
- Have a scheduled cancer related appointment outside of Labrador but within the province of Newfoundland and Labrador,
- Clients must provide an appointment verification letter from their physician that confirms cancer related appointment(s) to the Canadian Cancer Society.
- The escort must travel with the patient receiving treatment, to and from their cancer related appointment, to be eligible for coverage,
- The return flight is booked after the cancer related appointment is completed.
The Air Daffodil program is offered based on funding received from generous donors, and the CCS continue to provide the service as funds allows. NCC recently donated $5,000, which will cover 10 one-way flights from Labrador.
For any further information about the Air Daffodil Program, please contact:
Community Services Coordinator
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is:
Comments are closed.