- British Columbia NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Ontario Helping Festivals and Events Grow ~ Ontario Government Supporting Local Tourism and Job Creation
Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport
The new Ontario government is giving local festivals and events a boost to help grow tourism, create jobs and support economic growth across the province.
This year, 203 festivals and events received funding through the Celebrate Ontario fund. This support will help organizers enhance programming and services, attract new audiences and create jobs in the tourism sector.
Ontario’s unique local festivals and events celebrate our diversity, heritage and culture, and make Ontario a more attractive place to visit.
Supporting festivals and events is part of the new Ontario government’s efforts to build a strong economy and vibrant communities.
- Festivals and events generate more than 22,000 jobs in Ontario every year.
- Festivals and events that received Celebrate Ontario funding in 2011 reported an increase of 1.1 million visitors and over $165 million in additional visitor spending over 2010.
- Celebrate Ontario 2013 is providing support to over 203 festivals and events. Since 2007, the province has invested $77 million through Celebrate Ontario to enhance almost 1,000 festivals and events.
- Tourism is an important part of Ontario’s economy. In 2011 tourism contributed over $23 billion to the economy and supported over 300,000 direct and indirect jobs.
“Our government knows the value of investing in local festivals and events. Through Celebrate Ontario, we are helping festivals and events support thousands of jobs and generate millions in revenue while giving families and visitors new ways to experience our province.”
Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport
“Festivals and events are important to communities across Ontario. Celebrate Ontario grants are an incredibly effective way to enhance the quality of those festivals and events, and that means more visitors — visitors who stay longer and contribute to local economies.”
Executive Director, Festivals and Events Ontario
- See a list of Celebrate Ontario 2013 recipients.
- Are you an event organizer? Learn more about Celebrate Ontario grant applications.
- Explore more ways to discover Ontario.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is:
Comments are closed.