- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
- Ontario NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
Parks Canada and Air North, Yukon’s Airline Announce Partnership to Promote Tourism in Canada’s North
Memorandum of Understanding represents joint commitment to sharing the north with all Canadians
May 19, 2017 Whitehorse, Yukon Parks Canada Agency
Parks Canada and Air North, Yukon’s Airline are pleased to announce that they have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to work together to promote Canada’s natural and cultural heritage in the Yukon and the Northwest Territories. This agreement builds on a long history of working together, and it represents a joint commitment to raising awareness of Canada’s cultural and natural treasures in the North.
The Yukon and the Northwest Territories offer incredible natural and cultural adventures, many of which can be experienced in our northern national parks and historic sites. A key part of any northern experience is the adventure of getting there, and Air North, Yukon’s Airline is proud to provide unique access to authentic gateway communities and vibrant capitals.
This partnership is a natural fit for two organizations who are committed to innovation and providing opportunities for visitors to learn about Indigenous cultures and their connections to these awe-inspiring landscapes. Both partners are proud of their international reputations as leaders in delivering exceptional customer service, and their collaborative working relationships with Indigenous partners. Inviting Canadians to visit Parks Canada places to experience Indigenous traditions and customs creates new opportunities for learning and better understanding of Canada’s Indigenous cultures and history.
As Canadians across the country celebrate the 150th anniversary of Canada’s Confederation, Air North, Yukon’s Airline and Parks Canada are working hard to promote upcoming opportunities, exciting events, and unique experiences that take place across the Yukon and the Northwest Territories, in 2017 and beyond. Stay tuned for more exciting announcements by following Parks Canada and Air North, Yukon’s Airline on Facebook for details, adorable wildlife photos, and new opportunities to create your own Northern adventure.
“The 150th anniversary of Confederation marks an important milestone for Canada, and provides a unique opportunity to strengthen our sense of what it means to be Canadian. Canada 150 celebrates diversity and inclusiveness, reconciliation with Indigenous Peoples, youth and the environment. Parks Canada is looking forward to collaborating with Air North, Yukon’s Airline on initiatives that promote culturally rich and memorable experiences for visitors to the Yukon and the Northwest Territories.”
Superintendent, Yukon Field Unit, Parks Canada
“We believe Yukon and Northwest Territories’ national parks offer some of the greatest outdoor adventure experiences in our country. Our team are excited to join Parks Canada in creating enriching visitor experiences with increased access to Yukon and Northwest Territories’ world-class wilderness and cultural experiences.”
President, Air North, Yukon’s Airline
- To celebrate the 150th anniversary of Confederation in 2017, the Government of Canada invites Canadians to experience nature and learn more about our history. The Government is creating opportunities for Canadians to participate in a year-long celebration and to help shape what Canada will be in the future.
- Parks Canada facilitates some of the most iconic visitor opportunities in the region, including: rafting the South Nahanni River; star gazing in the world’s largest Dark Sky Preserve at Wood Buffalo National Park; incredible hiking treks in Kluane National Park and the Chilkoot Trail National Historic Site; rowdy good times in Dawson National Historic Site; and making unique cultural connections at the base camp in Ivvavik National Park. For a full list of sites and activities, visit our website at www.pc.gc.ca!
- Parks Canada
- Like Parks Canada Yukon on Facebook
- Like Parks Canada NWT on Facebook
- Air North, Yukon’s Airline
- Like Air North, Yukon’s Airline on Facebook
External Relations Manager
Yukon Field Unit, Parks Canada
Strategic Planning and Alliances, Manager
Air North, Yukon’s Airline
800-661-0407 ext. 298 toll-free
867-668-2228 ext. 298 local
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is:
Comments are closed.