You can use your smart phone to browse stories in the comfort of your hand. Simply browse this site on your smart phone.

    Using an RSS Reader you can access most recent stories and other feeds posted on this network.

    SNetwork Recent Stories

PDAP to Provide Assistance on Grazing Lands Damaged by Wildfires

by pmnationtalk on December 6, 2017194 Views

December 6, 2017

Today Government Relations Minister Larry Doke announced that the Provincial Disaster Assistance Program (PDAP) will provide financial assistance to grazing lands damaged by wildfires.

“Typically PDAP does not provide assistance for wildfire losses, because most fire losses are insurable,” Doke said.  “However, tame and native grazing lands are not insurable.  This adjustment will fill that gap and provide Saskatchewan producers with additional peace of mind, and help ensure that operations affected by wildfire can recover sooner.”

Producers that have suffered wildfire damages to “tame and native lands” intended for grazing can now apply for assistance providing feed to affected livestock.  A claimant must meet all the program’s eligibility criteria which can be found at

Earlier this fall, southwestern Saskatchewan experienced extreme winds as well as unprecedented grassfires which burned across more than 36,000 hectares of mixed-use farmland.  While the majority of damages from the fires were insurable, PDAP conducted stakeholder consultations and identified some types of grazing lands that may qualify for assistance.

In November, the Government of Saskatchewan announced that it would be matching donations up to $100,000 to the Saskatchewan Stock Growers Association Wildfire Relief Fund, which was created to help producers affected by the 2017 grassfires.  People can donate by visiting or calling 306-757-8523.

PDAP helps residents, small businesses, agricultural operations, First Nations, non-profit organizations and communities recover from natural disasters, including flooding, tornadoes, plow winds and other disasters caused by severe weather.  PDAP may help cover the cost of uninsurable essential losses, cleanup, repairs and temporary relocation.

To learn more about PDAP, visit


For more information, contact:

Michael Harrison
Government Relations
Phone: 306-787-6156


Send To Friend Email Print Story

Comments are closed.

NationTalk Partners & Sponsors Learn More