Positive Energy: Building A Path to Social Acceptance and Support of Energy Development in Canada
The Positive Energy Conference is the kickoff event for the Positive Energy Project, a three year university-led initiative bringing together energy sector stakeholders to identify best practices and concrete ways to garner social acceptance and support for energy development in Canada. Organized jointly by the University of Western Ontario’s Ivey Business School and the University of Ottawa’s Collaboratory on Energy Research and Policy, this invitation-only event will bring together senior leaders in industry, government, academia, NGOs, and Aboriginal groups.
The conference will feature keynote speakers and panel discussions on key dimensions of social acceptance and support: energy literacy and public opinion, NGO and local community relations, and Aboriginal participation.
University of Ottawa – Desmarais Building, Room 4101
Wednesday, March 4, 2015 – 4:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. (followed by dinner)
Thursday, March 5, 2015 – 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Register now: https://web4.uottawa.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10153&catalogId=10153&productId=136872 (*This event is by invitation only)
Confirmed Keynote Speakers:
- Blaine Favel, Chancellor, University of Saskatchewan
- Nik Nanos, President and CEO, Nanos Research
- Barry Rabe, Professor of Environmental Policy, University of Michigan
- Ellis Ross, Chief Councilor, Haisla Nation
- Merran Smith, Director, Clean Energy Canada
- Nancy Southern, Chair, President and CEO, ATCO Ltd.
- Steve Williams, President and CEO, Suncor Energy
Confirmed Panel Speakers:
- Stephen Blank, Special Advisor, Collaboratory on Energy Research and Policy, University of Ottawa
- Paul Boothe, Professor, Ivey Business School
- Michael Cleland, Nexen Fellow in Residence, Canada West Foundation
- Stewart Elgie, Director, Sustainable Prosperity
- Monica Gattinger, Chair, Collaboratory on Energy Research and Policy, University of Ottawa
- Guy Holburn, Suncor Chair in Energy Policy, Ivey Business School, University of Western Ontario
- Michael Keenan, Associate Deputy Minister, Natural Resources Canada
- Errol Mendes, Professor of Law, University of Ottawa
- Michal Moore, Director, Energy and Environmental Policy, University of Calgary School of Public Policy
- Dwight Newman, Professor, University of Saskatchewan
- Bob Oliver, CEO, Pollution Probe
- Francois Poirier, President, Energy East Pipeline, TransCanada
- André Turcotte, Professor, Carleton University
- Doug Suttles, CEO, Encana
- Peter Watson, Chair and CEO, National Energy Board
- John Wilkinson, former MPP and Minister, Government of Ontario
Organized jointly by the University of Western Ontario’s Ivey Business School and the University of Ottawa’s Collaboratory on Energy Research and Policy.