Provincial Summer Festivals Underway
News Release – Manitoba
July 4, 2012
Manitobans Encouraged to Enjoy the Festival Experience: Marcelino
Summer is in full swing for Manitobans and there are plenty of festivals to attend and enjoy, Culture, Heritage and Tourism Minister Flor Marcelino said today.
“In Manitoba, any time is a good time to celebrate and enjoy the many cultural flavours of our great province,” said Marcelino. “I invite all Manitobans to attend one or more of the many summer festivals and events as there are plenty to keep you busy and you’ll find entertainment for the whole family.”Some of the many festivals include:
• Winnipeg Folk Festival, July 4 to 8;
• Dominion City Summer Festival, July 8 to 9;
• Brandon Folk Festival, July 19 to 22;
• Winnipeg Fringe Festival, July 18 to 29;
• Manitoba Stampede and Exhibition, July 19 to 22;
• Neepawa and Area Lily Festival, July 20 to 22;
• Gimli Film Festival, July 25 to 29;
• Opaskwayak Indian Days, Aug. 13 to 19;
• Dauphin Ukrainian Festival, Aug. 3 to 5; and
• Folklorama, Aug. 5 to 18.
“From sampling local ethnic food to enjoying music or dance, come celebrate with the many communities holding summer festivals across Manitoba,” Marcelino said.
For visitors to Manitoba, learn about the exciting things to see and do across the province by visiting the Travel Manitoba website at www.travelmanitoba.com.
– 30 –
BACKGROUND INFORMATION ATTACHED
Summer Festival Receiving Provincial Support