Rupertsland Institute: Request for Proposals – Disability Support Services
March 19, 2018
Rupertsland Institute (RLI) is an affiliate of the Métis Nation of Alberta and has a triple mandate in education, training and research. As part of its training mandate, RLI provides labour market services to eligible Métis clients residing in Alberta. RLI’s head office is situated in the City of Edmonton and has ten service delivery locations throughout Alberta as well as two mobile units that provide services to more remote areas.
RLI’s mission is:
“To enhance the well-being of Alberta Métis through quality education, training and research”
The RLI training program is funded federally through the Aboriginal Skills and Employment Training Strategy (ASETS). The Métis Training to Employment program provides employment services and funding for a wide variety of training including post-secondary education, apprenticeship training and industry-based project training. RLI employs a service delivery staff of 30 employment counsellors and job coaches and seven managerial positions. Annually, approximately 60-70 clients declare a disability requiring specialized knowledge to determine the extent of the disability and the effect the disability may have onthe development of a training plan and eventual employment. RLI seeks to create labour market self-sufficiency.
Request for Proposals
RLI is seeking contracted services to provide support to Employment Counsellors and Job Coaches that work with clients with disabilities. These support services will encompass a variety of disabilities and conditions that require individualized client assessment and guidance and that will lead to action plans designed to enhance labour market access and create employment self-sufficiency for Métis individuals requiring specialized support.
The winning bid will be offered a six-month contract with a further opportunity for extension.
Scope of Work
Providing advice and support to RLI staff including:
- Clarifying and documenting the extent and impact of the disability on a client’s daily activities and productivity in employment or training;
- Identifying methods that can appropriately address a client’s barrier to employment or training;
- Conducting functional, vocational and other assessments to identify client strengths and needs;
- Providing advice to RLI staff on the development of individualized action plan steps to ensure success in training and employment;
- Recommending appropriate equipment or other supports that will enhance client success.
A response to this RFP will include the following:
- A description of services that will be available to RLI staff and disability clients;
- A detailed description of the service that will be provided to clients that experience a range of disabilities and that come from throughout the province;
- A description of the process of working with RLI staff including expectations around the flow of information between RLI, the client, and the service provider;
- Background information on the certification and experience of the staff who will be providing services;
- A cost breakdown based on hourly rate, cost per client or other suggested payment arrangement.
Deadline for Proposals
April 13, 2018 – 5:00pm
Proposals must be addressed to Guido Contreras. Hardcopy or e-mail proposals will be accepted.
- Experience working with disability clients in an employment or career development focus is preferred
- Experience working with Indigenous clients is an asset.
Attention: Guido Contreras, Operations Director.
Address: 2300, 10123-99 Street, Edmonton, Alberta T5J 3H1.
Phone: (780) 801-9977.
Facsimile: (780) 801-9992