- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Save the Date: National Aboriginal Day & 2nd Annual Rock Your Roots Walk for Reconciliation
People of all ages, cultural backgrounds and abilities, are invited to ‘save the date’ to celebrate National Aboriginal Day and “Rock Your Roots” Walk for Reconciliation in Victoria Park on Wednesday, June 21.
The “Rock Your Roots” Walk begins at 10:00 a.m. and is part of many activities celebrating National Aboriginal Day, beginning with a Pipe Ceremony at 7:30 a.m. Participants and groups are encouraged (but not required) to “Rock Your Roots” by holding or wearing traditional symbols of your culture to show and share the diversity within our community.
- 7:30 a.m. Pipe Ceremony – open to all.
- 9:30 a.m. Gather at start line for “Rock You Roots” Walk for Reconciliation.
- 10:00 a.m. “Rock Your Roots” Walk for Reconciliation begins. Along the way, Magic City Chorus, Max Laplant, Many Nations Dancers with Wild Horse, John Arcand and the Creeland Square Dancers will perform.
- 11:30 a.m. Grand Entry of dignitaries and special guests.
- 12:30 – 4:00 p.m. Public lunch, entertainment and family fun.
Celebrations are free and open to all. Golf carts will be available for those unable to walk.
For more information, visit saskatoon.ca/reconciliation, www.OTC.ca or phone 306-244-2100.
The City of Saskatoon’s commitment to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s Calls to Action supports the City’s Corporate Strategic Goal of Quality of Life by identifying actions for enhancing Aboriginal well-being and participation in our community.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is:
Comments are closed.