SCO Grand Chief Nomination Notice
Grand Chief Election Summit
January 8 & 9, 2020
Southern Chiefs’ Organization is now accepting nominations for Election of the Grand Chief. The Election will take place Thursday, January 9, 2020 in Dakota Tipi First Nation at the Community Complex.
Nomination Rules for the Office of the Grand Chief:
- Nomination of the Candidate for Grand Chief will be accepted in the SCO Winnipeg Sub-Office:
1572 Dublin Ave.
Chief Electoral Officer
- Deadline for nominations is 4 p.m. Thursday, January 2, 2020.
- Each nomination in proper form shall be endorsed by three (3) eligible Chiefs and shall include the Candidate’s name and signatures of the three nominating Chiefs and name of their First Nation. NOMINATION FORM MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE CHIEF ELECTORAL OFFICER (contact info below).
- A Chief may not endorse more than one Candidate for Grand Chief.
- Each person nominated must provide a brief autobiography for information purposes during the election period.
For more information, please contact Burke Ratte, Chief Electoral Officer at:
1-204-228-4786 (cell), 1-877-231-7769 (toll free) or email@example.com.