Sold Out determiNATION Summit Kicks Off Wednesday
OTTAWA, May 22, 2018 – On May 23 and 24th in Ottawa, Nishnawbe Aski Nation (NAN) and Osgoode Hall Law School will bring together almost 300 people to begin building solutions for moving past the Indian Act. determiNATION: Moving Beyond the Indian Act will include Indigenous youth, women, leaders, Elders, legal and scholarly experts, and keepers of traditional Indigenous knowledge, as well the Honourable Carolyn Bennett, Minister of Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs.
What: determiNATION Summit, an Indigenous-led summit building solutions for moving past the Indian Act
When: May 23-24, 2018 (full program)
Where: Delta Ottawa City Centre, 101 Lyon St N, on the traditional and unceded territories of the Algonquin Nation (Ottawa) and streaming live from Facebook.
Who is speaking:
- NAN Grand Chief Alvin Fiddler
- The Honourable Carolyn Bennett, Minister of Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs
- Ovide Mercredi, Former National Chief for the Assembly of First Nations
- Wally McKay, Former NAN Grand Chief
- Satsan George, Former Regional Chief for British Columbia Assembly of First Nations and former President of the National Centre for First Nations Governance
- Dr. Tracey Lindberg, Author and Professor of Indigenous Law and Government at the University of Ottawa
- And many more …
The full speaker list and conference details can be found on the event website at determinationsummit.ca. The original press release can be found here.
For further information: Michael Heintzman, Nishnawbe Aski Nation, email@example.com, 807-621-2790; Amy Ede, MediaStyle, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-294-1408
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: