Sudbury U: Indigenous Students: Apply Now! $7,000 per year Continuing Scholarship – Deadline Extended
The one-time application will only take a few minutes of your time… and you could receive $7,000 PER YEAR!
The Rotary Indigenous Scholarship Fund is intended to assist Indigenous students with expenses such as tuition, textbooks and equipment, and living expenses while engaged in full-time study.
This is a continuing scholarship that is available to the recipient for each subsequent year of his or her program, providing that the recipient maintains a full course load equivalent (24 credits) and remains in good academic standing.
The fund will be awarded to a recipient who fits the following criteria:
- the recipient is a First Nations student pursuing full-time studies in any program within the Laurentian Federation, and registered in at least the equivalent of 6 credits per year at the University of Sudbury;
- the student will have demonstrated a financial need;
- the student will be in his or her second, third or fourth year of studies;
- the student will maintain a full course load equivalent (24 credits) and will remain in good academic standing.
Students will provide a brief (300-400 word) essay outlining
- their motivation in their pursuit of higher education;
- their leadership initiatives and career goals;
- complete a summary of their financial needs (see attached form which also contains more information)
Students will also provide a recommendation letter from a professor, band council member or employer and complete the general University of Sudbury Financial Aid form found HERE.
All documentation is to be sent to Sylvie Renault at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 30, 2018.