- North of 60 NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Syncrude Aboriginal Relations Program: Local Achievements Celebrated
Syncrude provides annual update on Aboriginal Relations Program
FORT MCMURRAY, Alberta – Syncrude’s relationship with its Aboriginal neighbours was highlighted today with the launch of its 2007 Aboriginal Review. It serves as an annual update on the progress and shared successes in the six key areas of Syncrude’s Aboriginal Relations Program: corporate leadership; employment; business development; education and training; community development; and environment.“Our approach is focused on working together to create opportunity, share the rewards and ensure responsible development of our business,” said Marc Theriault, vice president of Production. “As outlined in the review, we have made significant strides along this path in 2007.”
The theme of the 2007 Aboriginal Review – the seventh produced by Syncrude – is Possibility Thrives on Common Ground, reflecting how the operation and its stakeholders continue to work together on many important initiatives.
Some of the highlights from 2007 include:
· Syncrude continues to be one of the largest industrial employers of Aboriginal people in Canada
· Syncrude invested $143 million in Aboriginal businesses, increasing its accumulated total investment to$1.1 billion since 1992.
· Syncrude contributed more than $1.2 million to Aboriginal community projects and initiatives.
· Syncrude leads the industry in land reclamation and continues to seek guidance and input from local Aboriginal Elders. The operator built on this success in March 2008 when the provincial government certified a 104-hectare parcel of reclaimed land called Gateway Hill. It’s the first in the oil sands industry.
“The review helps us recognize the people who worked extremely hard to make a positive impact in their community and at Syncrude,” said Marc. “I also know even greater things will be achieved together in the future because possibility truly does thrive on common ground.”
The publication is available at www.syncrude.com or by calling 780-790-6182.
The Syncrude Project is a joint venture operated by Syncrude Canada Ltd. and owned by Canadian Oil Sands Limited, ConocoPhillips Oilsands Partnership II, Imperial Oil Resources, Mocal Energy Limited, Murphy Oil Company Ltd., Nexen Oil Sands Partnership, and Petro-Canada Oil and Gas.
Trading Symbols for Public Syncrude Joint Venture Owners:
Canadian Oil Sands Trust
COS.UN – TSX
(wholly owned by ConocoPhillips)
COP – NYSE
Imperial Oil Resources
IMO – TSX/AMEX
Murphy Oil Company Ltd.
MUR – NYSE
NXY – TSX/NYSE
PCA – TSX/PCZ –
For further information:
Bob Nyen at (780) 790-6390
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is:
Comments are closed.