There are several ways to vote in the federal by-election in Chicoutimi–Le Fjord
GATINEAU, Thursday, May 17, 2018
For the by-election now underway in Chicoutimi–Le Fjord (Quebec), electors can choose the voting option that best suits their schedule. They can vote:
- on election day on June 18, 2018.
- at advance polls on Friday, June 8; Saturday, June 9; Sunday, June 10; or Monday, June 11.
- in person at the Elections Canada offices in Chicoutimi–Le Fjord, if they apply before 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 12.
- by mail. Electors must apply to vote by mail before 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 12.
- To vote, electors must show proof of identity and address. The list of accepted pieces of identification is online.
- Some pieces of identification used at provincial and municipal elections may not meet federal election requirements.
- Voting and identification rules are different for Canadian Forces electors, incarcerated electors and Canadian electors who live abroad.
Elections Canada is an independent, non-partisan agency that reports directly to Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations