Most Popular Channels
No channels found.
Most Recent Stories
There are currently no recent stories to display.
Very, very, very, very exciting news: TKARONTO is touring art house cinemas in Canada. The film “tour” is co-presented by KINOSMITH FILMS (our distributor in Canada) and imagineNATIVE FILM FESTIVAL. We send a big thank you send out to all the people that made it out to our Ottawa, Toronto, London runs, (and the special screenings in Calgary and Winnipeg) they were an amazing experince. Miigwitch! Here are some new dates for TKARONTO in some theaters across Canada and beyond:
1. OCTOBER 3rd to the 9th, 2008 – TORONTO
That’s right, Tkaronto is back in Toronto for another week!
The Regent Cinema
551 Mount Pleasant Road
FRI – 7pm & 9:15pm
SAT – 7pm & 9:15pm
SUN – 4:30pm & 7pm
MON – no show (theatre closed on Mondays)
TUE – 7:30pm
WED – 7:30pm
THR – 7:30pm
2. October 19th – KITCHENER, ON
TKARONTO has been chosen to be a part of the “Exploring Native Canadian Film” festival and gathering, which is running from Oct. 15th-19th, with screenings everyday at 7PM. There is a great line of films to be seen!
Sunday, October 19th
Kitchener City Hall
3. October 23/24 – REGINA, SK
TKARONTO will be playing at the Regina Public Library Film Series on Oct. 23 and 24th. Exact showtimes TBA
Thursday & Friday, Oct. 23/24
Regina Public Library
4. Special USA Screening: WASHINTON, DC. USA – November 1st
As part of a special film screening series that the Smithsonian Institution , National Museum of the American Indian in Washington, DC along with the National Gallery of the United States, TKARONTO will make it’s East Coast, USA Premiere. More details to follow soon, but director Shane Belcourt will be in the capital region for the screening.
5. OTHER DATES TO FOLLOW
TKARONTO will be appearing in other Canadian cities soon and we’ll let you know about those. Right now we can confirm the follow with more details to come soon:
Winnipeg Aboriginal Film Festival
November 20-23, 2008
showtime and details to come
Saskatoon – Nov.28-Dec.4
PAST SCREENINGS have included:
- Closing Night, imagineNATIVE Film Festival, October 2007
- Palm Springs Native Film Festival, March 2007
- Cowichan Film Festival, April 2008
-Ryerson University Aboriginal Day, special presentation screening, May 2008
- Dreamspeakers Film Festival, June 2008
- Talking Stick Film Festival, June 2008
- Bytowne, Ottawa, theatrical release
- the Royal Cinema, Toronto, theatrical release
- the Hyland Cinema, London, ON, theatrical release
- the Cinemateque, Winnipeg, theatrical release
- Calgary International Film Festival, Sept. 2008
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is:
Comments are closed.