- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Toronto 2017 NAIG to Celebrate 88 Days to The Games And Launch of #TEAM88 Campaign in The Heart of Downtown Toronto
April 17, 2017
TORONTO 2017 NAIG TO CELEBRATE 88 DAYS TO THE GAMES AND LAUNCH OF #TEAM88 CAMPAIGN IN THE HEART OF DOWNTOWN TORONTO
Milestone day promotes reconciliation through sport, highlighted by City proclamation
- John Tory, Mayor of the City of Toronto
- Marcia Trudeau-Bomberry, CEO, Toronto 2017 North American Indigenous Games
- Michael Cvitkovic, GM, Toronto 2017 North American Indigenous Games
- Elder Garry Sault, Mississaugas of the New Credit First Nation
- Chief Stacey LaForme, Mississaugas of the New Credit First Nation
- Chief Ava Hill, Six Nations of the Grand River
- Carla Qualtrough, Minister of Sport and Persons with Disabilities
- Carolyn Bennett, Minister of Northern and Indigenous Affairs
- Eleanor McMahon, Ontario Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport
- Duncan McCue, award-winning journalist, host of CBC Radio One’s Cross Country Checkup
- Cody Jamieson, National Lacrosse League, Rochester Knighthawks and #Team88 Ambassador
- Hannah Morningstar, Toronto 2017 NAIG Athlete and #Team88 Ambassador
WHAT: Duncan McCue, award-winning journalist, host of CBC Radio One’s Cross Country Checkup and member of the Chippewas of Georgina Island First Nation, will host as Toronto 2017 North American Indigenous Games (NAIG) celebrates 88 Days Out to the 2017 North American Indigenous Games. An official proclamation by the City of Toronto announced by Major John Tory will mark April 19 as ‘Team 88 Day’ in recognition of the legacy campaign which aims at promoting reconciliation through the inspirational power of sport. Sport and Cultural demonstrations will be available to the public, in addition to Indigenous cultural performances.
WHERE: Nathan Phillip Square
100 Queen Street West, Toronto, ON, M5H 2N2
WHEN: Wednesday, April 19, 2017
11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Formal Remarks: 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
NOTES: All media are asked to check-in.
Abidah Shirazi, (Director, Marketing and Communications) Toronto 2017 NAIG Host Society email@example.com
About the Toronto 2017 North American Indigenous Games
From July 16-23, 2017, the North American Indigenous Games (2017 NAIG) will welcome more than 5,000 participants, 2,000 volunteers and countless spectators from across North America. Sport and cultural venues include Humber College, McMaster University, York University, University of Toronto Scarborough, City of Toronto facilities, City of Hamilton venues, and venues within Six Nations of the Grand River Territory. A total of 14 sports will be offered for competition during the event, in addition to week-long cultural festivals, featuring programming such as traditional teachings, Indigenous artists, vendors and cultural performers. For more information, visit www.naig2017.to.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is:
Comments are closed.