Training and Workforce Development for Aboriginal Communities
Training, Recruiting, and Sustaining Employment Opportunities
Conference: May 21 and 22, 2008
Optional Workshops: May 23, 2008
Pacific Palisades Hotel · Vancouver, British ColumbiaConference Event Overview
– Get Innovative Strategies and Best Practices to Enhance Your Human Resource Initiatives
– Learn how to attract and retain top talent
– Get recruitment strategies that work in Aboriginal communities
– Develop effective orientation and training strategies
– Understand how coaching, motivating, and leading your staff effectively improves employee morale and productivity
– Get strategies for capacity-building and enhancement
– Gain insight of methods for employee retention and satisfaction
– Hear about successful business partnerships between Aboriginal communities and prospective employers
– Examine case studies that capitalized on strategic workforce development and succession planning
– Network with your fellow delegates and benchmark your HR activities
As an Aboriginal employer, your primary goal is to create and maintain an effective, healthy, vibrant workplace for all your employees. You face unique challenges in capacity enhancements, bridging skill gaps, providing effective training and orientation opportunities, addressing social problems, and ensuring the future prosperity of your community members.
For the past eight years, INFONEX has provided HR leaders from Aboriginal communities across the country with focused, practical information on how to improve and enhance the effectiveness of their HR programs. Our speakers have been specifically selected because of their top-level HR expertise, as well as their deep understanding of how to use that expertise in an Aboriginal context.
This year’s conference promises to build on our past success with some great new speakers and topics to tackle the challenges of Aboriginal HR development, such as training, recruiting, and staffing a skilled workforce by using the latest and most effective training strategies. Plus, we are bringing back the faculty members who have been best received and most appreciated by previous attendees.
Register now and ensure that your community benefits from the forward-looking initiatives and ideas to be presented at this one-of-a-kind event. Ensure your place at Canada’s leading forum for Aboriginal HR, planning, training, and recruiting professionals.
Share the strategies of leading human resource experts from
Aboriginal Specialist- Vancouver Olympic and Paralympic Committee
Kamloops Indian Band
Nunavut Tunngavik Inc.
Samson Cree Nation
Indian and Northern Affairs Canada
CANE- Committee for the Advancement of Aboriginal Employment
Aboriginal Sourcing, SaskPower Recruitment
B.C. Government, Program Planning Reporting and Partnerships, Employment and Income Assistance
CG Hylton and Associates Inc
Higgins International Inc
Who Should Attend This Event
– Chiefs and Council
– Employment Trainers
– Employment Recruiters
– Band Managers
– Aboriginal Directors, Managers, and Officers
– Aboriginal Administrators
– Diversity and Equity Program Managers
– Lawyers and Consultants Servicing Aboriginal Employers
Download Agenda as PDF File
Telephone: 1.800.474.4829, Fax: 1.800.558.6520