- Ontario NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Transforming Health for First Nations Peoples – Over 600 Registered for Historic Health Conference, Join Us!
by ecnationtalk on April 22, 2015803 Views
For Immediate Release April 22, 2015
Transforming Health for First Nations Peoples –
Over 600 Registered for Historic Health Conference, Join Us!
Gathering Wisdom for a Shared Journey VII – Coast Salish Territory in Vancouver May 6-7
Coast Salish Territory (Vancouver, BC) – Dates are fast approaching for the seventh annual one-of-a-kind First Nations Health and Wellness forum – Gathering Wisdom for a Shared Journey – taking place on Coast Salish Territory at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver hotel May 6-7, 2015.
The conference’s innovative agenda includes a keynote address from Alaska’s South Central Foundation CEO, a Cultural Sharing Dinner, numerous panel discussions and 42 engaging breakout sessions including:
- Our Story: BC First Nations Journey – Taking Control of Health Services
- Culture and Identity: A Road to Healthy Community
- Cultural Excellence in Nursing
- Alaska’s Nuka Model of Care
- Now That We’re Connected: First Nations Telehealth Showcase
- Our Collaborative Journey: Reaching the Risky
- Integrating Modern-Western and Traditional-Indigenous Approaches to Health and Healing
- Nisga’a Valley Healthcare Transformation: An Innovative Journey
Gathering Wisdom is the largest First Nations health conference in BC and the only one of its kind in Canada, attracting over 850 delegates from across BC, Canada and internationally. Attendees will return home refreshed and full of energy and ideas to improve health in their communities.
The First Nations Health Authority warmly invites First Nations across Canada to join us at a unique annual forum to focus on our health issues and solutions – we are all partners and want to share our collective wisdom.
For full information on the event and to register, please visit the Gathering Wisdom for a Shared Journey VII website: www.gathering-wisdom.ca
First Nations Health Authority
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is:
Comments are closed.