We are now Accepting Applications for the Miss Manito Ahbee Pageant
During the Competition Pow Wow, Miss Manito Ahbee Travelling Princess will be crowned in honour of Felicia Soloman. The Miss Manito Ahbee Pageant will take place November 3rd and 4th at the MTS Centre, during our International Competition Pow Wow, in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
Click here to download the Miss Manito Ahbee 2007 Pageant Application Form.The following items must be submitted to the Miss Manito Ahbee Committee:
Miss Manito Ahbee Pageant Application
1. Current Photograph (OPTIONAL)
2. Proof of Ancestry or Tribal Affiliation (i.e. Photocopy of 3. Status Card, Metis Card)
4. Proof of Age (i.e. Photocopy of Birth Certificate)
5. Two Letters of Recommendation (Non-Relation) (OPTIONAL)
6. Short Essay written by the contestant about themselves (i.e. Education, Goals, Family, Interests, etc.)
Miss Manito Ahbee will be chosen based on:
– Dance Competition
– Public Speaking
– Private Interview
– Knowledge of Tribal Tradition
All contestants will be judged according to the above criterion. At the end of the Manito Ahbee event, the contestant with the highest collected points will be crowned Miss Manito Ahbee for a year.
Pageant registration will be accepted on Friday, November 2nd, 10AM – 7PM, and Saturday, November 3rd, 9AM – 1PM at the Southend of the 2nd Level, at the MTS Centre.
Early applications maybe also be dropped off or mailed to:
Lower Level – 376 Donald Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3B 2J2
If you have any questions regarding the Miss Manito Ahbee Pageant, feel free to contact:
Joanne Soldier – Pow Wow Manager