YASC: Aboriginal Coaching Module
Join YASC Staff Rose Inglangasuk and ACM Master Facilitator Dorothy Paul for a day of the Aboriginal Coaching Module! This course is super interactive and informative!
The ACM is a professional development training tool for Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal coaches who coach Aboriginal athletes, as they become certified through the NCCP. The material in the ACM has been developed to meet the following learning objectives:
- – Understanding the role of sport in Aboriginal communities;
- – Understanding and positively influencing the community in which you coach;
- – Coaching the whole person; coaching beyond the physical to include the mental (intellectual and emotional), spiritual and cultural;
- – Responding to racism in sport;
- – Establishing a code of behaviour for your team that respects differences and addresses racism;
- – Helping those you coach make healthy lifestlye choices.