Youth Centres, Me Ta We Tan Youth Centres and Skateboard Program Open for the Summer on Friday, July 3, 2015
June 25, 2015
The City of Saskatoon’s Summer Youth Centres open for the season on Friday, July 3, 2015. The last day of programs will be August 19, 2015. Youth ages 12 to 16 are invited to drop in for sports and games, listen to music, participate in special events, or hang out with friends in a friendly environment supervised by fun, qualified leaders.
Hours of operation, unless otherwise stated, are Monday to Thursday from 11:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Friday from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. (closed Monday, August 3, 2015).
Youth Centre Locations:
- Brownell School (274 Russell Road)
- Confederation Park Community School (3555 John A. Macdonald Road)
- St. Peter Elementary School (202 Sumner Crescent)
- St. Volodymyr School (302 Kellough Road)
Arts Only Location:
- Albert Community Centre (610 Clarence Avenue South) Monday to Thursday from 10:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Friday from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Mè Ta Wè Tàn Youth Centre Locations:
- St. John School (1205 Avenue N South)
- St. Mary’s Wellness and Education Centre (327 Avenue N South)
- Westmount Community School (411 Avenue J North)
Sports Only Youth Centre Locations:
- Briarwood Park Outdoor Court (beside Briarwood Park spray pad) Tuesday from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Cosmo Civic Centre (3130 Laurier Drive) Monday and Friday from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Monday to Thursday from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Forest Grove Outdoor Court (beside Forest Grove School spray pad) Wednesday from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Lakewood Civic Centre (1635 McKercher Drive) Monday to Thursday from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Optimist Park Outdoor Court (beside Riversdale paddling pool) Thursday from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Bike (Bring your bike and safety gear)
- Meet beside Lakewood Civic Centre (1635 McKercher Drive) Monday to Friday from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Youth are also invited to practise their boarding with our skilled skateboard leaders who travel to different sites each day. Equipment is provided or you can bring your own deck. Program runs from July 3 to August 19, 2015.
Skateboard Leaders are at the following locations at these hours:
- Charlottetown Park (behind Cosmo Civic Centre) Tuesday from 11:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Lions Skate Park (Victoria Park – beside Riversdale Pool) Monday and Wednesday from 11:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Morris T. Chernesky Park (beside Shaw Civic Centre) Thursday from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Umea Park (behind Lawson Civic Centre off Pinehouse Drive) Thursday from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- W.W. Ashley Park (beside Lathey Pool) Friday from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Skateboard sites are open daily from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. For more information, please call 306-975-3378 or visit www.saskatoon.ca/skateboard