- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
YT Government: Pilot program promotes youth entrepreneurship
The Government of Yukon is providing däna Näye Ventures with $94,545 for the Youth Entrepreneur in Residence pilot program that will promote entrepreneurship and help young Yukoners develop business skills.
Heather Dickson has been appointed as the program coordinator by däna Näye Ventures for the duration of the pilot, which ends on March 31, 2020. As coordinator, and the first youth entrepreneur in residence, Dickson will receive personal training and development while creating a training platform to deliver in Yukon communities.
Dickson will work closely with high schools and youth organizations to inspire and empower young Yukoners to make their business ideas a reality.
Entrepreneurs are the foundation of the private sector in our communities, creating jobs and contributing to the diversification of our economy. This program will help young Yukoners develop skills and encourage them to turn their business ideas into concrete plans.
Minister of Economic Development Ranj Pillai
I’m happy there’s more room being made for youth at the table for entrepreneurship and that I get to help bridge the connection and offer inspiration for youth looking to get into business.
däna Näye Ventures Youth Entrepreneur in Residence Coordinator Heather Dickson
- The Youth Entrepreneur in Residence will attend career fairs, conduct high school and community youth group presentations, and promote opportunities for Yukon youth to access small business funding. She will also act as a guest speaker, panelist and youth representative to promote the benefits of entrepreneurship.
- däna Näye Ventures is a Yukon-based, First Nation-controlled institution that provides business development and financial services to all people throughout Yukon and in the northern British Columbia communities of Atlin, Good Hope Lake and Lower Post.
- däna Näye Ventures is the first and only Aboriginal financial institution in Canada to offer a Youth Entrepreneur in Residence program.
- All Yukon youth and youth organizations are encouraged to contact Dickson at däna Näye Ventures (867-668-6925).
Communications, Economic Development
Youth Entrepreneur in Residence Coordinator, däna Näye Ventures
867-668-6925 ext. 1003
News release #:
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is:
Comments are closed.