Yukon Gold Mining Alliance Hosts First eYukon Room
Yukon, Canada – Jan. 11, 2011 – The Yukon Gold Mining Alliance is pleased to announce the first Yukon Mining Investment Conference, the eYukon Room, an online virtual conference on Wed. January 19th and Thurs. January 20th, 2011. The eYukon Room is an online, two-day mining investment show highlighting all aspects of the investment industry, designed to provide investment and networking opportunities in publicly traded mineral exploration and mining companies alongside a conference program with leading speakers and experts on the Yukon.”We are pleased to host the first virtual conference on the Yukon and host such a prestigious group of presenters and exhibiting companies,” said YGMA Chair Scott Kent. “The Yukon is an incredible jurisdiction and with over 100 junior exploration companies now active in the Territory we want to encourage a forum to present leading companies and expertise highlighting the Yukon Advantage.”
The eYukon Room will be held on Wednesday, January 19th & Thursday, January 20th, 2011 and features trade show booths from leading Yukon companies, presentations and expert panels offering:
• real-time access to leading companies and experts in mining’s hottest region
• an interactive forum on the new Yukon Gold Rush from the comfort of your office or home
• expert insight into investing with companies leading the charge in the new Gold Rush
• information on why the Yukon is attracting capital investment as a world leading mining jurisdiction
The eYukon Room, an interactive investment conference connecting you to Yukon companies and expertise. Leading Speakers at the eYukon Room include:
Shawn Ryan, Prospector responsible for the White Gold discoveries
Rick Rule, Global Resource Investments Ltd.
David and Eric Coffin, HRA Advisories
Chris Berry, House Mountain Partners
Michael Berry, PhD, Morning Notes
Dr. Harvey Brooks, Deputy Minister – Yukon Government
Mike Burke, Yukon Geological Survey
Brent Cook, Exploration Insights
Dave Forest, Pierce Points
Mickey Fulp, The Mercenary Geologist
Greg McCoach, The Mining Speculator
Bill Murphy, Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee
Lawrence Roulston, Resource Opportunities
To register for the eYukon Room or for more information please visit www.theyukonrooom.com or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Yukon Gold Mining Alliance
The Yukon Gold Mining Alliance (YGMA) is a non-profit industry association with a current membership of eight companies working in Yukon mineral exploration and development. The YGMA’s goals include:
• To liaise between the mining industry and financing sources;
• To work together to promote awareness of and strengthen investment in member companies and the Yukon;
• To collectively identify a group of established companies which are committed to mineral exploration and development in the Yukon.
All member companies must have known resources and significant identified project expenditures in the Yukon. A company must have established 43-101 resources or must have spent $2.5 million in drilling programs in Yukon in five of the last seven years. Companies must also adopt and adhere to a corporate sustainability policy including community relations, environmental responsibility and labour relations.
The current members of the Yukon Gold Mining Alliance are Alexco Resource Corporation (TSX: AXR; NYSE-AMEX: AXU), AM Gold (TSX.V:AMG); Capstone Mining Corporation (TSX: CS), Copper Ridge Explorations (TSX: KRX), Golden Predator Corp (TSX: GPD), Northern Freegold Resources (TSX-V: NFR), Victoria Gold Corporation (TSX-V: VIT) and Western Copper Corporation (TSX: WRN).
Scott Kent serves as the Chair of the YGMA. Mr. Kent has experience as a Yukon Cabinet Minister, Executive Committee Member of the Yukon Environmental and Socio-economic Assessment Board and past Executive Director of the Yukon Chamber of Mines.
January 11, 2011
The Yukon Advantage
The member companies of the Yukon Gold Mining Alliance have the expertise and resources to carry out mineral exploration and development all around the globe. And in fact, they do just that. Several of our member companies have mineral properties both in the Yukon and elsewhere. However, Alliance members have recognized that the Yukon star is on the rise. It’s being called one of the best and most exciting jurisdictions in the world in which to conduct mineral exploration and mining. Here’s why….
• The Yukon has world-class deposits, with 2,700 known mineral occurrences and more than 80 mineral deposits with established reserves, some of which are the largest known in the world.
• The Yukon Geological Survey carries out unparalleled research and maintains extensive data on Yukon geological and mineral deposits.
• The Yukon controls and manages its natural resources.
• The Yukon government understands business, promotes investment and supports responsible development.
• The Yukon offers favourable tax incentives and mining laws that provide secure mineral tenure and has a single coordinated approach to environmental assessment.
• The Yukon’s royalties are amongst the most competitive in Canada.
• Most Yukon First Nations have finalized land claim and self government agreements, providing even greater regulatory certainty.
• The Yukon has well-developed infrastructure, including more than 4,800 kilometres of all-weather roads, numerous airports, clean energy, Internet and cell phone service throughout the territory.
• The Yukon has direct access to Asia via two ice-free ports in neighbouring Alaska.
• The Yukon has a long history of mining, with the mineral industry forming the foundation of the territory’s private sector economy for over a century.
• And, perhaps most encouraging, recent increases in mineral exploration activity have quickly reaped rewards, with significant discoveries in gold, silver and copper.
We invite you to contact us and find out more.
For more information, please contact
Yukon Gold Mining Alliance