- Manitoba NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Home » RFP – Review of the Health and Family Services Department
RFP – Review of the Health and Family Services Department
|Name||Curve Lake First Nation|
|Category||Health and Social Services|
|Client||Curve Lake First Nation|
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP)
REVIEW OF THE HEALTH AND FAMILY SERVICES DEPARTMENT
CURVE LAKE FIRST NATION
22 WINOOKEEDAA ROAD
CURVE LAKE, ONTARIO K0L 1R0
Issued: February 23, 2018
Submission Deadline: Friday March 9 2018
Request For Proposal: 161-02-2018
David Ross, Manager of Health & Family Services, Curve Lake First Nation
- SUMMARY AND BACKGROUND
Curve Lake First Nation is currently accepting proposals to review the Health and Family Services Department.
The purpose of this Request for Proposal (RFP) is to solicit proposals from various individuals or organizations, to conduct a fair and extensive evaluation based on criteria listed herein, and select the candidate who best represents the knowledge and experience needed to complete the task.
Curve Lake First Nation is located on a peninsula situated between Buckhorn Lake, Harrington Narrows and Chemong Lake. It is affiliated with the Union of Ontario Indians and is one of seven Williams Treaty First Nations.
The total registered population of Curve Lake First Nation is 2314. There are 952 members who live on reserve while 1362 live off of the reserve.
The Council is comprised of one (1) Chief and eight (8) Councilors.
First Nation operations are currently organized into five departments, including, Finance and Administration, Health and Family Services, Education, Economic Development and Public Works. Curve Lake First Nation employs approximately 90 full time employees and 30 short term contracts and sub-staff.
Several Council committees have been established to assist in the operation of these departments. These include Finance, Health & Family Services, Education, Economic Development, Public Works, Housing, Lands and employee Health and Safety. Additional Council Committees include, Finance, Education, Gaming Revenue Fund, Communication, Culture & Pow Wow Petroglyphs, Rights and Resources, and Youth.
Curve Lake First Nation delivers a number of essential and non-essential programs and services to both member and non-member residents of the community.
The Health and Family Services Department includes services are highlighted in the organizational chart Appendix 1.
- PROPOSAL GUIDELINES
This Request for Proposal represents the requirements for an open and competitive process. Proposals will be accepted until 12 pm (noon) Friday March 9 2018. Any proposals received after this date and time will not be accepted.
If the individual or organization submitting a proposal must outsource or contract any work to meet the requirements contained herein, this must be clearly stated in the proposal. Additionally, all costs included in proposals must be all-inclusive to include any outsourced or contracted work. Any proposals which call for outsourcing or contracting work must include a name and description of the organizations being contracted.
All costs must be itemized to include an explanation of all fees and costs.
Contract terms and conditions will be negotiated upon selection of the winning bidder for this RFP. All contractual terms and conditions may be subject to review by Curve Lake First Nation legal department and will include scope, budget, schedule, and other necessary items pertaining to the project.
All questions, requests for information, instructions or clarifications regarding any part of this proposal document must be set out in writing and directed to:
David Ross, Health and Family Services Manager
38 Whetung Street
Curve Lake First Nation, ON, K0L 1R0
All questions related to this Request for Proposal (RFP) or any clarification with respect to this RFP must be made no later than 3 Business Days prior to the closing date of this RFP in order that staff may have sufficient time to respond. Curve Lake reserves the right to extend the deadline for questions, if required, regarding this RFP.
Written answers or clarifications to issues of substance shall be shared with all Proponents and shall be issued as part of the RFP in the form of an Addendum. This proposal document and all addendum(s), if any, shall also be posted on the First Nation’s web-site.
Proposal Submissions and Closing Date
The closing date for proposals is set for Friday March 9 2018 at noon. Only proposals that are mailed or emailed will be accepted. If packages are mailed, please send 3 copies of the proposal. Packages should be clearly marked Proposal for the Review of Health and Family Services.
- PROJECT PURPOSE AND DESCRIPTION
The purpose of this project is as follows:
The Health and Family Services Department has had difficulty in attracting and retaining a full complement of staff for a number of years. The department has experienced seven (7) different Managers over the past three years. Other positions have also seen a high turnover rate which has contributed to underperformance in this department.
The purpose of this review is understand why Curve Lake First Nation experiences difficulty retaining staff at the Health and Family Services Department and recommend strategies to address the root causes of this problem. The review will also identify how the department can be more efficient and effective in the delivery of services including ways to streamline administrative procedures that are integrated with other parts of the organization.
The review will identify ways that the department can be more effective and efficient in the delivery of services by:
- understanding why the department has experienced a high turnover in the position of Health & Family Services Manager;
- understanding why the department has experienced a high staff turnover in other positions and to recommend ways to improve staff retention;
- recommending strategies that will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the department;
- recommending strategies to integrate the clinical services available through the Peterborough Family Health Team (FHT);
- recommending ways to streamline internal administrative process and the relationship with other departments;
- identifying ways to improve reporting and compliance with the requirements of various funders;
- Review the options to reorganize the department to better meet community needs.
The Curve Lake Health and Family Services Department requires a report that will assist in attracting and retaining qualified staff that provide quality services that are in full compliance with our funders. The project will identify ways to improve administrative processes that ensure efficient and effective linkages with other departments.
- PROJECT SCOPE
The following criteria must be met to achieve a successful project:
- Thorough understanding of the current management practices and service delivery for the Health and Family Services department;
- Thorough evaluation of the effectiveness of the programs and services being provided;
- Thorough assessment of the linkage of the clinical services with those provided by other programs offered by the Health Centre;
- Thorough research regarding the factors that have contributed to high staff turnover;
- Thorough research on the options to improve internal efficiency and controls;
- Timeline for completion;
- Risk factors.
- REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL AND PROJECT TIMELINE
Request for Proposal Timeline:
Project must be completed by March 31, 2018
All proposals must include proposed costs to complete the tasks described in the project scope. Costs should be stated as one-time or non-recurring costs (NRC) or monthly recurring costs (MRC). Pricing should be listed for each of the following items in accordance with the format below:
Project Initiation and Planning Research
Compilation of data/report Presentation to Management
Presentation to Health and Family Services Committee Presentation to Council
NOTE: All costs and fees must be clearly described in each proposal.
- BIDDER QUALIFICATIONS
Bidders should provide the following items as part of their proposal for consideration:
- Description of experience in research and report writing;
- List of how many full time, part time, and contractor staff in your organization;
- Examples of other Health Centre reports completed;
- Examples of other Social Services reports completed;
- Examples of other Senior Services reports completed;
- Testimonials from past clients;
- Anticipated resources you will assign to this project (total number, role, title, experience);
- Timeframe for completion of the project;
- Project management methodology.
- PROPOSAL EVALUATION CRITERIA
Curve Lake First Nation will evaluate all proposals based on the following criteria. To ensure consideration for this Request for Proposal, your proposal should be complete and include all of the following criteria:
- Overall proposal suitability: proposal must meet the scope and needs included herein and be presented in a clear and organized manner;
- Organizational Experience: Bidders will be evaluated on their experience as it pertains to the scope of this project;
- Previous work: Bidders will be evaluated on examples of their work pertaining to Consultation in the area of Health and Family Services;
- Value and cost: Bidders will be evaluated based on the work to be performed in accordance with the scope of this project.
- PREPARATION OF SOLICITATION
If a proposing company, individual, or subcontractor was involved in the preparation of the RFP solicitation that proposal is disqualified.
- PRIVILEGE CLAUSES
Curve Lake First Nation reserves its right:
- Not to award the contract;
- Not to award the contract necessarily to the lowest priced bidder, but rather to the best “value”;
- To conduct negotiations with one or more bidders in the event the negotiations with the first bidder are unsuccessful;
- To conduct a survey of potential bidders to obtain clarification of their proposals as part of the evaluation process;
- To cancel and reissue the RFP; and
- To extend any deadlines and amend the proposal process.
11. EXCLUSIONARY CLAUSES
The proposal writer shall be liable for all costs associated with preparation and submission of the proposal up to the final award of the contract.
Curve Lake First Nation shall not be liable for any costs, expenses, loss or damage incurred, sustained or suffered by any bidder prior, or subsequent to, or by reason of the acceptance or the non-acceptance by CLFN of any proposal, or by reason of any delay in acceptance of a proposal, except as provided in the tender documents.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: