Meet 10 cutting-edge accessibility tech startups creating massively scalable disability solutions at the 2023 ATS Labs Demo Day.
From brain-computer interfaces to smart glasses for the blind, these are 10+ extraordinary startups from 4 countries seeking investments and partnerships. Also joining the Demo Day will be Canada’s Chief Accessibility Officer, Stephanie Cadieux, to share her thoughts on accessibility innovation in Canada.
This is a free hybrid event that will be hosted at Microsoft Canada at 81 Bay St, Toronto with the option to join online via Microsoft Teams. The event will be digitally accessible, and ASL and live captioning will be provided. If we can make the event more accessible for you in any way, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
- Seleste: Smart glasses to give people with vision loss independence and freedom.
- VIBRAINT: Breakthrough brain-controlled rehabilitation robot that helps paralyzed to regain motion.
- GeWinner: Smart piloting systems of electric wheelchairs for people with special needs.
- Bonocle: Braille education platform that makes learning braille easier, more accessible and a lot more fun.
- 4Blind: Innovative engineering solutions to help in meeting the needs of the blind and deaf-blind communities.
- Capella Design: Stylish and empowering furniture and accessories for older adults.
- Dateability: Making love accessible as the only dating app for disabled and chronically ill people.
- mycrocast: Breaking barriers via audio.
- Spero Careers Canada: Building employment solutions with the neurodivergent community through asking, listening and being creative.
Mars-CIBC Inclusive Design Challenge Winners:
- Skill Squirrel: Cloud community hub software addressing the fragmented nature of workforce development ecosystems.
- ND Connect: The Bumble of mentorship and peer support for neurodivergent people.
- SignAble Vi5ion: Pioneering force in promoting inclusive communication through innovative training programs, bridging gaps and transforming workplaces and lives.
• 1:30 PM – Registration and networking
• 2:00 PM – Welcome and introduction
• 2:15 PM – Opening remarks from our Proud Sponsor, CIBC
• 2:25 PM – Entrepreneur success story – Lianna Genovese, CEO, ImaginAble Solutions (ATS Labs 2021)
• 2:30 PM – Conversation with Stephanie Cadieux, Chief Accessibility Officer of Canada and Jason Brommet, Microsoft, hosted by Lianna Genovese
• 3:15 PM – Pitches from 2023 Cohort
• 4:15 PM – Closing remarks
• 4:30 PM – Networking
• 5:00 PM – Event ends
Banner Alt Text: A graphic with various shapes and designs. At the center reads “ATS Labs 2023”. Below reads “Demo Day” and “Thursday, November 30, 2023. 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM EST”. Below this reads “Join online or in person at Microsoft Canada, 81 Bay St, Toronto.” The top right corner reads “#EnableEveryone”. At the bottom right corner is the Access to Success blue and orange logo.
For more information: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ats-labs-2023-demo-day-tickets-699207016007?aff=ebdssbdestsearch&keep_tld=1