Community Music at the Boundaries Book Launch
Lee Willingham, a professor in the Faculty of Music, director of the Laurier Centre for Music in the Community and editor of Community Music at the Boundaries will be joined by many of the book’s contributors, including Laurier professors and international scholars, for a discussion about a variety of topics the book addresses, including music and wellness, education, social change and cultural identity.
Six of the book’s contributors will speak about topics they write about. Speakers include:
- Elizabeth Mitchell, assistant professor of Music Therapy at Laurier
- Gerard Yun, assistant professor of Community Music at Laurier
- Kathleen Turner, lecturer and course director for the Master of Arts in Community Music program at the University of Limerick, Ireland
- Don Coffman, professor of music education and music therapy at the University of Miami
- Glenn Marais (MA ’17), singer-songwriter and alumnus of Laurier’s Master of Community Music program
- Kirstin Anderson, lecturer with the School of Education and Social Sciences at the University of West Scotland in Glasgow
Published by Wilfrid Laurier University Press
Join our Facebook event.