COVID-19 and Our Changing World of Work for Post-Secondary Students with Disabilities
Thursday May 6: 9:30 – 11:00 a.m. – “Setting the Stage”
Friday May 7: 9:30 – 11:00 a.m. – “Thinking about solutions”
As Canadians begin to think about the end of COVID-19 there is a realization that the way we work may never be the same again. Whether we are talking about an increased use of technology, more “work from home” opportunities or flexible work arrangements, few of us are going back to the old ways.
- What does this mean for post-secondary students with disabilities about to enter the workforce?
- Could the new world of work create opportunities?
- What challenges does it present?
- How do we better prepare students with disabilities for the new reality?
Come join students, employers, administrators, instructors and advocates to discuss the changing world of work. Both sessions will involve interactive panels and speakers along with opportunities for breakout room discussion.
Guest speakers include:
- Dr. Arif Jetha – Scientist, Institute for Work and Health (Thursday May 6th)
- Jason Brommet – Head of Modern Workplace and Security, Microsoft Canada (Friday May 7th)
Come join us for what is sure to be an informative look at an important issue.
Please click the Zoom link to register (advanced registration is required).
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Thank you and we look forward to having you join us!