Intro to Video Editing with the Laurier Library Makerspace
This is a very simple workshop to get you started in editing videos for free using your phone, laptop and some free software.
This workshop is open to Laurier students, faculty and staff.
You’ll learn to:
- Trim videos down to the relevant parts
- Stitch together the different trimmed videos
- Add audio to a video
- Add a credit slide to a video (you know, the words at the end)
- Add some audio and video fade-in/fade-out effects
- Combine (render) all this into one 30-second finished video
Two important points:
- Video editing can be pretty intensive on your computer. You’ll do best in this workshop if you have a computer from the last three years with an up to date operating system. We use DaVinci Resolve 17 software (the free version from Blackmagic Design), so if you can get it installed on your PC or Mac, you’re halfway there.
- There is an hour of prep work to be done before the workshop, including installing the software, shooting three 30 second videos and transferring those videos to your computer. You’ll receive instructions by email 3 days before the workshop.
Zoom information will be provided by email the day before the workshop.
Contact Darin White for any questions.