September 19-20, 2021
Grey Eagle Resort, Calgary, AB
The National Coalition of Chiefs (“NCC”) was introduced through meetings of a group of First Nation Chiefs from across Canada who were interested in forming a coalition of industry-supportive and pro-development Chiefs from across Canada with a mandate to “Defeat On-Reserve Poverty”. NCC leaders understood that a venue for creating positive and cooperative dialogue directly between Indigenous leaders from the Natural Resource Industry does not currently exist, and that Indigenous communities were faced with constant social despair caused by an ongoing and relentless poverty crisis. Thus, NCC leaders agreed that a new approach was needed, and that this new approach would focus on creating positive and cooperative dialogue between First Nation Chiefs and leaders from Canada’s Natural Resource Industry. Progressive First Nation Chiefs from across Canada will gather on a regular basis with CEOs from Canada’s Natural Resource Industry to exchange ideas and initiatives to improve their relationship, to support major project developments, and to work towards bringing Canada’s Indigenous community into prosperity through heightened levels of Indigenous participation in Canada’s economy.
The NCC Energy and Natural Resource Summit is an important opportunity for industry leaders to come together with pro-development First Nation Chiefs to bridge the gap and be able to work together to get projects going and completed. First Nation Communities recognize the benefits that Canada’s Natural Resource Industry provides to their communities and recognize that they offer an available solution for ending poverty.
Global Energy Show (GES) https://www.globalenergyshow.com/
The NCC Chiefs will attend the GES as VIP guests following the NCC Energy and Natural Resource Summit. The NCC is also hosting a pavilion at the GES trade show where we will showcase our partners and their positive work with the NCC to defeat on-reserve poverty. First Nation Chiefs and Industry representatives are welcome to join our pavilion as NCC partners.
Aboriginal Skilled Workers Association (ASWA) https://www.aswa.ca/
The NCC will also be hosting the ASWA AGM on Saturday, September 18th from 10 am to 3 pm at the Grey Eagle Hotel Ballroom. We invite First Nation Chiefs, First Nation members and industry representatives to participate in this event as a presenter and/or observer. We have several industry sponsors for this event and they will be presenting to Indigenous skilled worker members of ASWA on how to enter employment in Canada’s Natural Resource Industry
National Coalition of Chiefs Energy and Natural Resource Summit on September 19-20, 2021 in Calgary. https://coalitionofchiefs.ca/
Below is the preliminary list of Indigenous leaders who will present at the Summit.
- Chief Peter Collins, Fort William First Nation of Ontario
- Chief Stanley Grier, Piikani Nation of Alberta
- Chief Michael Labourdais, Whispering Pines First Nation of BC and Chairperson of the Western Indigenous Pipeline Group
- Chief Terrance Paul, Membertou First Nation of Nova Scotia
- Chief Evan Taypotat, Kahkewistahaw First Nation of Saskatchewan
- Chief Ouray Crowfoot, Siksika Nation of Alberta
- Chief Darcy Bear, Whitecap Nakota First Nation of Saskatchewan
The following government and industry representatives and leaders will also present at the Summit.
- The Honourable Pierre Poilievre, Conservative Shadow Minister for Jobs and Industry and Member of Parliament for Carleton
- The Honourable Seamus O’Regan, P.C., M.P. Minister of Natural Resources
- The Honourable Erin O’Toole, P.C., C.D. Leader of the Conservative Party of Canada. Leader of the Opposition
- The Honourable Cathy McLeod, Conservative Shadow Minister for Crown-Indigenous Relations and Member of Parliament for Kamloops-Thompson-Cariboo
- Imperial Oil Limited – Speaker TBD
- Standard Uranium – Jon Bey, President and CEO
- Rogers – Victoria Smith, Director Strategic Initiatives
- Telus – Speaker TBD
- Avalon Advanced Materials Inc. – Don S. Bubar, President and CEO
- Cenovus Energy, Alex Pourbaix, President and CEO
- Atrum Coal – Andy Caruso, CEO
- Cabin Ridge Coal – Brad Johnstone, GM
- Shell Canada – Susannah Pierce, President and Country Chair
- Indian Resource Council – Stephen Buffalo, President and CEO
ASK ABOUT SPONSORSHIPS