Company: Nasaijit Services Ltd.
Business information: Nasaijit Services Ltd. is a locally owned accounting, bookkeeping and financial service provider operating out of Iqaluit and Rankin Inlet, Nunavut. We offer remote services to clients located throughout the Kitikmeot, Kivalliq and Qikiqtani regions as well as service clients at our offices in Iqaluit and Rankin Inlet.
Business address: Bldg. 917 Nunavut Drive, Iqaluit, Nunavut, X0A 0H0
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
· Assist in bookkeeping for clients
· Prepare general ledger
· Prepare journal entry
· Manage accounts receivable
· Manage accounts payable
· Prepare trial balance
· Open and close books for auditors
· Prepare bank reconciliations
· Conduct banking
· Prepare payroll
· Invoice clients
· Conduct credit and collections
· Assess fixed assets and depreciation
· Costing and budgeting
· Prepare income tax
· Freight rating
· Perform foreign currency exchange
· Store, update and retrieve financial data
· Perform clerical duties, such as maintain filing and record systems
· Perform general office duties
· Organize and maintain inventory
· Address customers’ complaints or concerns
· Prepare financial statements and reports
· Prepare reports
· Dealing with multiple clients with different issues and concerns
· Monitor daily timesheets to be used by management in billing clients
· Provide support with administrative work
· Help train new staff
– Education: Completion of a college program in accounting/bookkeeping or courses in the related subject is required.
– Bookkeeping experience is a strong asset.
– Ability to proficiently use phone/fax/email technology and multitask
– Personal Suitability: Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Client focus, Organized, Reliability.
– Work conditions and physical capabilities: Fast-paced environment, tight deadlines, large workload.
– Operating systems and computer applications knowledge: Sage 50 and Sage 300 accounting software, Quick Books, Electronic mail, Spreadsheet, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, Internet, MS Windows.
Salary: $32.01 hourly, 40 Hours per week.
Benefits: Bonuses, Dental insurance, disability insurance and additional vacation days are provided. Matching group RRSP and extended medical insurance provided after a 6-month probation period.
Important Information: This position requires working 8 hours per day. Work schedule: Monday to Friday: 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. Overtime/Saturdays work may be required.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by mail to: PO Box 20, Iqaluit, Nunavut X0A 0H0