Date: Apr 6, 2021
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
42634 – Toronto – Regular – Ongoing
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
Reporting to the Manager, Reporting & Analysis, accountabilities include:
- Utilize existing financial and management systems to gather and consolidate information to produce a variety of business information such as management reports, business plan, staff plan, cost trends, performance reports, monthly cost reports and dashboard reports.
- Report, analyze and explain budget and forecast variances.
- Provide advice, guidance, recommendations and assistance to operating groups and management regarding programs and projects, reporting, staff and organization plans, cost benefit analysis, cost allocation and other project accounting related items
- Analyze data to ensure consistency with corporate assumptions and strategies.
- Gather all pertinent data, evaluate and submit recommendations and/or findings to supervisor for consideration.
- Conduct or co-ordinate special studies, costing reviews and process initiatives.
- Prepare and deliver presentations, as necessary.
- Provide business support to corporate departments in support of vertical cost reporting.
- Attend staff meetings and participate in task forces, special studies and initiatives as assigned.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Requires knowledge of business/financial planning and project and cost accounting principles, financial analytical techniques and computer applications to develop, implement and maintain financial control systems.
- Requires advanced abilities in Excel and Microsoft Suite for analysis, reporting and presentation of relevant information
- Requires strong communication skills, verbal and written to effectively interact with internal and external contacts.
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired either through the successful completion of a four year university education.
- Recognized accounting designation (CPA, CGA/CMA/CA) or PMP is a plus.
- Requires experience in preparing and delivering financial or project status presentations to customers (internal or external) and management.
- Requires experience with computers and applications to develop and apply information systems and use information from systems within the business unit.
- Experience in SAP is a plus, in particular FI/CO modules and Project Systems
- Experience in using and developing BI/BW reporting would be beneficial
- Experience in a Project Management environment would be beneficial.
- A period of over 4 years and up to and including 6 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected]. Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: April 20, 2021
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.
Job Segment: Financial, Accounting, ERP, Financial Analyst, Information Systems, Finance, Technology