As an intern in our Actuarial Pricing team, you will support qualified actuaries in the development and maintenance of pricing data and key performance indicators (KPIs). You will compile, maintain, and analyze data to drive pricing decisions and solve business problems. You will assist on various projects such as database building, process automation, data manipulation, etc. You will also provide ad hoc support and perform administrative tasks.
• Currently pursuing a University degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, or Economics)
• Strong academic achievement
• Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access) experience
• Demonstrates problem solving and analytical skills in customer focused environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working with data; knowledge of programming languages is considered an asset
• Self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision
• Previous internship experience is ideal
Job Accountabilities – Key Accountabilities
- Provide support in the maintenance and manipulation of pricing data
- Automate processes within the pricing function
- Analyze pricing data in support of business requests
- Communicate, discuss, and present results to stakeholders
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.