Saba Construction Ltd
1668 Ellis Street Kelowna BC V1Y 6J4
Salary: $27.00 per hour for 40 hours per week
Job Type: Full Time, Part-time, Permanent, Overtime, Early morning, Morning, Day, Shift, Flexible hours
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
1668 Ellis Street Kelowna BC V1Y 6J4
Saba Construction Ltd. is a fast-growing construction company based in Kelowna, BC. We have employment opportunity for an administrative assistant to offer a rewarding career.
- Perform a variety of administrative duties in support of administrative and management of the company. Provide administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the business.
- Support directors and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication.
- Maintain company equipment’s registration, insurance, and maintenance records
- Ensure that the company complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions
- Communicate, liaise, and deal with by law officer of the cities, WCB officers, and other relevant authorities in construction projects
- Maintain time sheets and other work logs of the company workers
- Perform light bookkeeping duties such as creating invoices, editing subcontractor agreements, filing PD7A remittances, WCB remittances, and other office expenses
- Perform office administration tasks, such as filing documents (electronic and by paper), copying, scanning etc.
- Prepare, edit and proofread subcontractor agreements, correspondence, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and related material for the company
- Prepare, Tally, Verify and submit office expense payments such as utilities, office supplies, business expenses, credit cards etc.
- Maintain the effective operation and upkeep the office equipment, including photocopier, printer, computer and telephones. Calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories;
- Communicate effectively by answering emails, phone calls, mails, inquires etc.
- Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings of employer
- Order office supplies and maintain inventory
- Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems for company records
- Open and distribute regular and electronic incoming mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information within the company and associated businesses
- Arrange travel schedules and make reservations for employer, if needed
- Completion of Secondary School is mandatory. Bachelor’s degree or a two-year Office Administration or Business management diploma will be an asset.
- 02-03 years’ experience in administration, management, secretarial or a clerical role is required or Completion of a college program or university degree may lower the experience requirement to 1-2 years.
- Excellent communication skills in English are required.
- Excellent interpersonal & relationship building skills.
- Extremely organized, excellent coordination & collaboration skills, Superior oral and written communication skills, Strong proficiency in English.
- Ability to handle confidential material and situations with tact and discretion.
- Strong ability to take initiative and complete tasks as assigned.
As per mutual agreement and BC Employment standards act 4% vacation pay of the gross salary will be paid each pay period with 10 days of unpaid vacation time or option to choose 10 days of paid vacation with no vacation pay with gross salary.
How to apply
We strongly encourage part-timers, students, youth, newcomers, and workers with flexible schedule to apply. We will try to match your schedule.
Interested workers may send resume to us thorough email: [email protected] or mail: 1668 Ellis Street Kelowna BC V1Y 6J4