Title: Assistant, Volunteer Partnerships
Location: Remote/Virtual ( Burnaby, BC)
Employment status: Summer Youth /Co-op/Intern – Casual
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) – one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022 – is seeking an Assistant to join our Volunteer Partnerships team.
We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.
The incumbent will collaborate with the Senior Manager, Volunteer Partnerships, to support the Volunteer Experience & Engagement team.
In this role, you will:
- Participate in the building of tools and systems to support Volunteer Experience and En gagement Team.
- Assist with administrative needs of Senior Manager or other National Volunteer Experience and Engagement team members.
- Build and maintain Smart Sheets, Sharepoint sites and d ocument processes and procedures.
- Assist Volunteer Experience & Engagement team with projects as assigned.
What we are looking for:
- The minimum qualifications for this position include two years of related work experience in a paid or volunteer role.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead engaging conversations with diverse audiences.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English. French is an asset.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to accuracy and detail, and able to work with little supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially E xcel.
- A positive attitude with openness to new challenges.
- Experience working with Power B I and Smart Sheet is an asset.
- The majority of the work is performed in an office environment.
- Typical work hours are during the business day Monday to Friday.
- May be required to lead teams of volunteers.
- Applicant must be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time , we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
- At this time , the CRC has temporarily suspended our Covid-19 vaccination policy and does not require but continues to strongly encourage full vaccination of all our personnel. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible – those who apply after the selection process has started may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
- If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.